Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Brunch 11/10/13

MY BRUNCH SPOTLIGHT FOR TODAY
SHINES ON AUTHOR TL REEVE

First and foremost, it is a pleasure to have you here. Welcome to Harper’s Sunday Brunch Interview! Thank you for having me. I am glad I could join you today!


So, can you tell us what makes TL Reeve tick? 

What got you started on the path to becoming an author? Well, I’m a single mom of a beautiful and smart eleven year old girl. I like reading and writing and just hanging out. I am as sarcastic as they come and a smart ass to boot. I like everything (except food) a little on the dry side and long walks on the beach at night. *lol* I got started writing in the eighth grade. I hated the cafeteria food at my school so much, I had to write about it. It wasn’t very long, but it made people laugh, and it just felt good. So, I kept at it. Little things mostly to begin with. Halloween stories, school reports, it didn’t matter I put my all into them. When I got older, I tried my hand at romance. I enjoyed the whole process from beginning to end and decided maybe I’d try getting published. So, I went for it. My first story was rejected, but my second one was picked up and the rest is history.

What are you currently working on? Would you care to share a snippet? 

I am currently working on Full Throttle: The men of Vulture Row series. It started as part of our flash fiction pieces and I loved the characters so much, I had to tell their story. I’m sitting at just about 30k and well, I think everyone will like it. Here is a snippet. Remember this is completely unedited ©TL Reeve 2013

Kennedy shook off the notion. Tonight wasn’t about work. It was about getting the release she needed, yet denied for way too long. Opening the door to her small, yet quaint apartment, she let Eric in. Wearing a lazy smile that spelled nothing but trouble, leather pants and a tight black t-shirt that accentuated all the muscular planes of his body, he was every girl or guy’s wet dream. His thickly corded body leaned against the doorframe waiting patiently for her. This was a big mistake, she could feel it. “Eric, I don’t…”

“From this moment on,” he said cutting her off as he walked into the living room. “You are mine. Turn off your brain, and just feel.” Holding his hand out he waited for her to take it. Kennedy hesitated for a moment then wiped her palm against the short black leather mini skirt and placed her hand in his. “Good. Now, spin around for me.”

“Eric,” her tone laced with warning.

“Not this time, NeNe. You’re my sub for the night. Therefore you’ll do as I say.” With a huff she spun around slowly for Eric’s inspection. When she was finished, her gaze zeroed in on her tan carpet. “Very good, Kennedy. You please me.” Mentally she rolled her eyes, but the lure of his sensual voice, lulled her.

“Thank you, Sir,” she whispered.

“But, you’re missing one thing.” The cool kiss of leather being wrapped around her neck, had her gaze snapping to his.

“What the hell, Eric?” Was he nuts? A collar wasn’t part of their deal, never had been. What the hell was he up to that he put a collar on her?

“You’re going to a new club with me. I don’t want you pawed all over by the other Doms and I don’t think you want that either. This is just my way of keeping you safe.” She eyed him speculatively, mulling over what he said. It was true she hadn’t been to a club in a while and if they were going somewhere new, she wanted to be safe too.

“Okay fine,” she said squaring her shoulders. “Let’s go.”

“Wait a minute.” Eric stopped her. “Are you wearing panties, Kennedy?”

From anyone else, that would have sounded pervy, but coming from Eric, it made her pause. She knew he would never do anything to hurt or harm her, but damn it, she still wanted a little piece of her control left intact. “Yes,” she sighed.

“Take them off.”

She blinked. Did he really expect her to go out without her panties? “Why?”

“Because, I said so. Take. Them. Off.” Narrowing his eyes, he crossed his muscular arms over his chest and waited.

“Oh for God sakes,” she huffed pulling off the barely there underwear. “Happy,” she snapped, placing her hands on her hips.

He laughed. “Yes, I am. Now we can go.”


Do you include some of your own personal experiences in your books or do you prefer to use your imagination? 

Sometimes yes and sometimes no. I think for me, if I put too much of me into the characters, they become too personal. And in doing that, I can’t just let go and let the story flow.

What genre do you typically write in and why did you choose this over others? 

Usually and mostly it is m/m. I chose m/m because quite frankly it’s challenging. It’s a completely different yet the same dynamic as m/f, but almost a little bit more intense. With my characters, the guys are high octane testosterone filled men who love and live with such fierceness that it’s almost emotionally draining putting them down on paper. They make you think and they make you expose your own vulnerabilities while working on their stories. I love writing their stories.

Do you have a specific process or a ritual you go through when sitting down to write? 

I say, self, it’s time to write. Usually it’s late at night when the house is quiet and everyone is sleeping. I can concentrate better that way.

Where do you find your inspiration for your plots? 

Do you have any tricks of the trade you would care to share? Pictures mostly. Book 2 for the series I’m working on right now was ripped from the news headlines. It could even be a quick phrase that sets it off for me. A quick tip. Even if you don’t think right now the idea you’ve come up with will work, write it down anyway. You never know what it might spark a week or a month later.

What is the oddest place/situation where an idea for a book/plot has come to you? 

All of my good ones come at the worst part. Late at night while I’m trying to sleep, or when I’m in the shower. Both places aren’t the most conducive to writing. *lol*

What makes a book stand out and perk your interest? 

Blurb sometimes. Sometimes the cover. It’s never the same with me. If it’s a favorite author, it’s an auto buy for me.

We all have our favorite authors. Can you share some of yours and tell us why you like them?
Lexi Blake, Shayla Black, Cherise Sinclair, Indigo Sin, Maya Banks, Donna Grant, Sandra Hill. I could go on lol. I think what I like about each of these authors is that their world building, their voices, are so diverse, and so intriguing to say the least. I like each of their styles and how each tell a story. I literally get so caught up with their books, I lose track of time.
 

We all have a pet peeve, care to share yours? 
Oh man. Okay, *lol* um tapping a pen against a desk, drives me insane. Touching stuff that is mine. Uh…maybe I should stop there. This list could get pretty long.

When you’re not writing, what are the things you enjoy doing to relax? 

I love to read, or just being outside. If I’ve had a stressful day, a good book will ease it all away in no time. Or, since I live so close to the woods, just getting outside does the trick too.

Thank you so much for joining me here today, TL. I know my followers will enjoy this spotlight as much as I have conducting it. Good luck on all your future endeavors. 

Thank you for having me today, Harper! I had a blast spending the day with you!

A LITTLE MORE ABOUT TL

TL Reeve was born out of a love of family and a bond that became unbreakable. Living in the south, TL misses Los Angeles and will one day return to the beaches of Southern California to ride the waves at Huntington Beach. When not writing something hot and sexy, TL can be found curled up with a good book, or working on homework with a cute little pixie.



PLACES TO FIND TL ONLINE

FACEBOOK
TWITTER OR @tl_reeve
WEBSITE

 
 TL'S LATEST RELEASE



Someone has it out for Heather and her company. After drugging her brother and killing her rival, Heather has become a sitting duck. Now, accused of murder, she must accept the help of two hunky and handsome police detectives when a new threat surfaces.

Burke and Jimenez both want Heather, but both are duty-bound to protect her as well as suspicious of her. When the murder investigation begins to get out of hand, so does their need to be with her.

But after a package arrives for Heather, the direness of the situation increases. Can Burke and Jimenez keep her safe while also keeping their distance, or will their passion burn all three of them to the ground, leaving them vulnerable to the killer?

PURCHASE LINKS FOR 
TO CATCH A KILLER

No comments:

Post a Comment