Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunday Brunch 3/9/14

TODAY'S SUNDAY BRUNCH
SPOTLIGHT FEATURES
AUTHOR SANDRA SHREWSBURY

First and foremost, it is a pleasure to have you here. Welcome to Harper’s Sunday Brunch Interview!
Thank you for having me, this is a real honor.

So, can you tell us what makes Sandra Shrewsbury tick? What got you started on the path to becoming an author?
I met an author online and we became really good friends. I told her my story, and she said I needed to write a book about it. I thought she was crazy at first, but she kept telling me to do it, so finally I did.

What are you currently working on? Would you care to share a snippet?
I am working on part two of my first book. It will be released June 1st. The title is Aftermath Of An Addiction.

Snippet
The words were enough to send a cold chill of terror down my spine. Our lives had been irrevocably destroyed; we would never see our angels again. Tears pricked my eyes but I forced them back and shook my head. No. I never thought this day would come. The day when justice would not prevail, the day my daughter would destroy our lives once more. How do I tell them that she is fighting me for full custody of them? "Dammit," I muttered, frustration beginning to peak. The real question is will she win? I had to look out for their best interests. And I am determined to do whatever it takes to make sure my grandchildren are happy, to keep them safe. She cannot win this battle. I don’t know why she bothered; she hadn't shown any concern over these children for years now. My mind was racing and plagued by the fear of something terrible happening to them if she did get them back.

Do you include some of your own personal experiences in your books or do you prefer to use your imagination?
Yes, all of my personal experiences are in my first book.

What genre do you typically write in and why did you choose this over others?
I will have three nonfiction books out, and then I will be working on a YA book. I want to try out different genre.

Do you have a specific process or a ritual you go through when sitting down to write?
First, I grab a cup of coffee, and then I sit down to write . That happens every time I begin to write. lol

Where do you find your inspiration for your plots? Do you have any tricks of the trade you would care to share?
My inspiration comes from my life experiences.

What is the oddest place/situation where an idea for a book/plot has come to you?
I would have to say while using the bathroom. lol

What makes a book stand out and perk your interest?
I would have to say the cover, because that is what the reader sees first.

We all have our favorite authors. Can you share some of yours and tell us why you like them?
I have so many! V.C. Andrews because of the emotions she puts into her books. Stephen King because of the ideas and great writing he does. I could go on and on about authors.

We all have a pet peeve, care to share yours?
I guess I would have to say I am a clean freak, everything has to be a certain way in my house or I am not happy.

When you’re not writing, what are the things you enjoy doing to relax?
I love to read, and I also love the outdoors.

Thank you so much for joining me here today, Sandra. I know my followers will enjoy this spotlight as much as I have conducting it. Good luck on all your future endeavors.
Thank you so much for having me, it was an honor to be on your blog.

A LITTLE MORE ABOUT SANDRA



I am a first time author! I live in West Virginia, I am a single mother of five children. I started writing for fun when I was younger and decided to go further with it. This journey has been a wonderful experience. I am so excited about my new book. I hope everyone enjoys it! I find that everyday life can be such an inspiration for writing. I love writing about everyday experiences. I also want to write about romance in the near future.

PLACES TO FIND SANDRA ONLINE

FACEBOOK AUTHOR PAGE
GOODREADS
ABOUT ME
TWITTER or @hazeleyes051367

SANDRA'S CURRENT RELEASE

PURCHASE LINK FOR 
OUTSIDE THE ADDICTION - 
A MOTHER'S STORY

AMAZON


No comments:

Post a Comment