Welcome to the very first Harper's Sunday Brunch Spotlight
Today we have Author, Cleo Taurus joining us!
First and foremost, it is a pleasure to have you here. Welcome to Harper’s Sunday Brunch Spotlight!
1. So, can you tell us what makes Cleo Taurus tick? What got you started on the path to becoming an author?
I started writing when I was like, 12. Mainly shorts and poems, then after I had kids, I wrote stories for them. Now that they are grown, I write stories I would like to read, and I hope it’s what readers want as well.
2. What are you currently working on? Would you care to share a snippet?
I just finished a new story called The Spanking Bench Confessional and would love to share a snippet with you! (Please note this is still a WIP and unedited.)
I felt a hand at my calf, traveling up my body and caressing my ass. It wasn’t Preacher’s hand, so all I could think of was that Taylor was getting ready to do something. I heard the room quiet down, and I opened my eyes, surprised to see Preacher standing at my head. When he started talking, it wasn’t to me, it was to the crowd standing there. “Little Rose has broken the rules with me, and now, she’s going to be punished. She knows what she’s done, and it is between her and me. Master Taylor is here,” he said as he pointed to him, “only as an observer, unless I say otherwise. Let this be a lesson, when you come to my confessional, you confess, or you pay.”
3. Do you include some of your own personal experiences in your books or do you prefer to use your imagination?
I do use things from my own personal experiences, and then add that to whatever story I am working on.
4. Why BDSM? What made you choose this genre over others?
I like the idea of not being in control. Of having someone else make the decisions, and with BDSM, the Master controls it all.
5. Do you have a specific process or a ritual you go through when sitting down to write?
Not really. I can sit and stare at a blank page for hours sometimes. But, I do like to write in the early mornings if I can when the world is still relatively quiet.
6. Where do you find your inspiration for your plots? Do you have any tricks of the trade you would care to share?
That’s a really good question! Sometimes it can be as simple as a picture, or a memory will come crashing back to me, and I have to start writing. I think the biggest thing I learned is even if you are writing total fiction, at least a small bit of it that is you. A feeling, or a thought, something that belongs to you, and then use that in your writing.
7. What is the oddest place/situation where an idea for a book has come to you?
LOL!! actually this is going to sound bad, but it was when I picked up the kids from their grade school. I saw a man there and built a story around him!
8. What makes a book stand out and perk your interest?
Well, sometimes, it’s the cover itself that catches my eye. Most of the time it’s the author that does it. I have some favorites that I will always buy.
9. We all have our favorite authors. Can you share some of yours and tell us why you like them?
Sure. Well, on the list is Shayla Black, then Lora Leigh and Cherise Sinclair. I also love Maya Banks and and Angel Payne, and two new authors, Ava Snow and Harper Jewel!!
10. We all have a pet peeve, care to share yours?
Well. I’m not a fan of rudeness in any form. Also, I can’t stand those who think their way is the only way. If everyone would just open their minds a tiny bit this world would be a much better place.
11. When you’re not writing, what are the things you enjoy
doing to relax?
doing to relax?
I love to read of course, take pictures, watch the History Channel, and play with the little ones.
Thank you so much for joining me here today, Cleo. I know my followers will enjoy this spotlight as much as I have conducting it. Good luck on all your future endeavors.
Thank you for having me Harper!! It’s been a lot of fun!
Look for Cleo at these places!
Cleo's Latest Release
Purchase Michael Part Three at any of these sites!