Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday Brunch 5/5/13

Today's Sunday Brunch Spotlight
is with Author, Yezall Strongheart

First and foremost, it is a pleasure to have you here.  Welcome to Harper’s Sunday Brunch Spotlight!  

 

Thanks to you, my gracious host, for having me!

1.    So, can you tell us what makes Yezall Strongheart tick?  What got you started on the path to becoming an author? 

       Early on, I found that people enjoyed hearing my stories.  The thrill I get now is from people reading my stories.  I’m addicted, it really is just that simple.

2.    What are you currently working on?  Would you
        care to share a snippet? 

       I always have an iron in the fire; I have three at the moment.  Captain Lanie Romein, a.k.a. The Ice Queen, a space opera(hint-some of it is on my website), The Rose Bandit, a Victorian rogue who steals moments in the bedrooms of the ladies and leaves them a rose, and Abduction ll , a sea captain paid to abduct a princess is well out to sea before he realizes he has the wrong woman.

3.    Do you include some of your own personal experiences in your books or do you prefer to use your imagination? 

       Honestly I believe it’s a mixture of both.  I have always been told to write what I know.  I always research subjects I don’t know a lot about, so even if I enhance it with my imagination, it comes out sounding realistic.

4.    Why Erotic Romance?  What made you choose this genre over say general romance or mystery?

       I don’t think I could write a mystery to save my life.  I just don’t have the passion for it, although I do like to read them.  I have written books in other genres, but nothing I enjoyed so much as erotic romance.  I like to enter the lives of the people I write about, and as the story writes itself, I enjoy the conversations between characters.

5.    Do you have a specific process or a ritual you go through when sitting down to write? 

       I wish I was that organized!  My outside work hours have been insane and it has turned my life upside down.  I try to have a time when I won’t be bothered by a favorite TV show or having to take the dogs out, it’s rough!  One thing I insist upon is having my bottle of water near me at all times.

6.    Where do you find your inspiration for your plots?  Do you have any tricks of the trade you would care to share? 

       It’s all my muse.  Seriously, they are real.  An overheard conversation, a painting, could be anything, and my muse will throw an idea my way.  It’s sometimes annoying, but it’s worse when she is silent.

7.    What is the oddest place/situation where an idea for a book/plot has come to you? 

       I hate it when I am out for dinner with friends and I get an idea.  I’m scrambling for a napkin to write some notes and I look up to find everyone rolling their eyes at me.

8.    What makes a book stand out and perk your interest?

       For an ebook, the cover is crucial.  A good blurb is the next thing gets my interest.  A referral by a friend is always good.  I have learned not to take much stock in reviews on Amazon.  Once I found out not only did people ask friends to give them 5 stars, but people actually purchased a good review, I disregarded them.

9.    We all have our favorite authors.  Can you share some of yours and tell us why you like them?

       I like Agatha Christi for the mysteries I can’t write.  I like Maria V. Snyder for her fantasies that make you live and breathe her characters.  Big Steven King fan, but who isn’t?  Katherine Woodiwiss for her amazing romances!  Kimberly Frost who does really fun paranormal romance.

10.  We all have a pet peeve, care to share yours? 

       I think that unsung heroes, or at very least people who do well at their jobs and go unrecognized is a crime.  More often than not, it’s the little guy that makes the big guy who he is.  I hope that made sense.

11.  When you’re not writing, what are the things you
        enjoy doing to relax? 

       I’m very outdoorsy, I love hiking, biking, and geocaching.  Patio sitting with a margarita ranks pretty high up there, too.

Thank you so much for joining me here today, Yezall.  I know my followers will enjoy this spotlight as much as I have conducting it.  Good luck on all your future endeavors. 

It was a pleasure!



LOOK FOR YEZALL AT THESE PLACES!  


Goodreads

Check out these releases by Yezall

A night of sex certainly didn't equate to riding anyone not from this planet for Callie.
A tall, mysterious, and very sexy cowboy is fleeing for life before he finds safety with a beautiful woman he can't resist.
When the stranger from an erotic portal collides with earth, an electric sexual current that is literally out of this world sets the pair on fire. Will it rock both their worlds or will it all end in the hands of the other-world enemy?

Purchase Link for Shadow Hunters


Set On Fire is about a forty year old woman, with a little baggage and a few extra pounds, who after sending her son off to college, finds time for herself.  A friend from work convinces her to try the kinky side of life.  The story focuses on her beginning a relationship with a Dom.

No comments:

Post a Comment