Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sunday Brunch 12/1/13

MY GUEST FOR
TODAY'S SUNDAY BRUNCH
IS AUTHOR GRINELDA MARKOWITZ

First and foremost, it is a pleasure to have you here. Welcome to Harper’s Sunday Brunch.
Thank you, Harper, for having me. It’s a pleasure to be here.

So, can you tell us what makes Grinelda Markowitz tick? What got you started on the path to becoming an author?
I’ve always enjoyed putting pen to paper but never done anything significant with that pleasure. A friend introduced me to ePublishing a couple of years ago and I have since taken the ball and run with it.

What are you currently working on? Would you care to share a snippet?
Actually, I have a number of balls in the air right now, so to speak. I’m working fast and furiously on another book I’m writing under one of my other monikers. I’m also, diddling with book two of my first erotic novel, The Moon-Kissed Chi. Okay, just a quick nibble from the first book followed by one from the draft of a chapter in the second book, The Training:

He fondled his sleeping cod-baby with no response. I’m not sure only a night’s morning on the Chamber-of-Power floor will fix this. I think Arri and I may have to move our bed down there for the coming mooncycle.

If you’re not familiar with the city of Kalaydan, you should know that a man’s cod-baby is an affectionate term for his penis. Now for a nibble from book two:

“I need your cod, bed-sworn,” Arrinay gasped into his ear.
 

 “It has always been yours and will always be yours.”
 

 He stroked her back and sighed as she tongued his ear and nibbled while his hands strayed down to the buns of her bottom and stroked and kneaded them.

The sentences above are of necessity only three lines as they are snippets I’ve provided in previous submissions for Horny Hump Day ~ hornyhumpday.com.

Do you include some of your own personal experiences in your books or do you prefer to use your imagination?
I use my own imagination for some things or weave in previous experiences with others. It depends what the flow of the story calls for.

What genre do you typically write in and why did you choose this over others?
Believe it or not, my muse has gifted me with ideas across multiple genres. Sci-fi / fantasy is my favorite genre in which to write, however.

Do you have a specific process or a ritual you go through when sitting down to write?
Yes. Coffee. ‘Nuff said. ;)

Where do you find your inspiration for your plots? Do you have any tricks of the trade you would like to share?
I like to allow ideas I have to unfurl in the writing. I watched a part of video tonight in which Elmore Leonard provided advice to writers. He advised writers to find their own voice and write in their own voice rather than show off or copy someone else. As for tricks, learn all you can about writing.

What is the oddest place/situation where an idea for a book/plot has come to you?
In the loo.

What makes a book stand out and perk your interest?
A combination of things actually. The cover may intrigue me enough to pick up a book and read it. The tagline or short summary of the book is another thing that has sold me a book or two. Curiosity sparked by the title is another thing that captures my interest.

We all have our favorite authors. Can you share some of yours and tell us why you like them?
Octavia Butler, for her genius in writing. Harlan Ellison’s in your face attitude and writing style. And, last, but not least, Sir Arthor Conan Doyle for his gift of Sherlock Holmes to readers and the suggestion of a cutting sharp intelligence. Gail Carriger for a delightfully entertaining series which caught my imagination enough to entice me away from genres I prefer.

We all have a pet peeve, care to share yours?
Winter and all it brings with it.

When you’re not writing, what are the things you enjoy doing to relax?
Venting my creative fumes in other media and relaxing with a good movie.

Thank you so much for joining me here today, Grinelda. I know my followers will enjoy this spotlight as much as I have conducting it. Good luck on all your future endeavors.
Again, thank you, Harper. Thanks also to everyone who has dropped by.


 
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT GRINELDA
 


Grinelda Markowitz writes erotic fiction across multiple genres. She resides in a galaxy far, far away with a trusty pen, a never-ending supply of paper and a fertile imagination. The Moon-Kissed Chi, her first e-published book in the genre of erotic fiction, is available on Amazon and Smashwords.

For a bit of recreation she enjoys clay work and attending symphony. She meets up with friends as they are all able to sync their schedules, and she maintains a fairly active virtual life. Eating out is a passion for her. She’s always glad to find a new restaurant which warrants a return visit.

She worked at a book store part-time. How cliché, huh? And, she also maintains a full-time bread-and-butter job as well. BION, She’s actually from California but mislocated to Texas. They actually have a drive-in theater there, so the trade off is manageable. She finds that embarking on a serious approach to writing rather than the hit-and-miss efforts of previous years has provided a level of focus not experienced before.

WHERE TO FIND GRINELDA ONLINE

TWITTER OR @pearlydroplets
EMAIL: grinelda.markowitz@gmail.com


BOOK ONE IN 
THE KALAYDAN CHRONICLES 
THE MOON-KISSED CHI


In the City of Kalaydan, Arrinay and Bezhyanya, the senior members of the ruling family, are faced with the early maturation of their daughter, Gayadnae. She must start the training. It’s Kalaydan law. Their daughter has other ideas. After concocting a plan to avoid responsibility and almost succeeding in carrying it out, Gayadnae’s life takes an unexpected turn.

Grayt, the ever-present serving woman to Arrinay, fills many roles and has her fingers in a number of pies. There’s definitely more to her than is apparent on the surface. Besides coordinating activities in the Main House, keeping the young mistress in line, and talking to horses, Grayt seems to have a more secret mission along with a few more grave responsibilities.

A hint of trouble on the horizon and other darker activities weave their way through the backdrop of this delightful tale of the city of Kalaydan.

PURCHASE LINKS FOR THE MOON-KISSED CHI

2 comments: