Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday Brunch 6/23/2013

TODAY'S SUNDAY BRUNCH SPOTLIGHT IS FOCUSED ON AUTHOR ZOEY HILL!
First and foremost, it is a pleasure to have you here.  Welcome to Harper’s Sunday Brunch Spotlight! 


So, can you tell us what makes Zoey Hill tick?  What got you started on the path to becoming an author?
I have always been an avid reader, even from childhood.  I had always written things for my own reading but never for anyone else.  When I discovered R.P. it was like an eye-opening experience to me.  I never thought I could write, but through the encouraging of others, I thought I would give it a try. 

What are you currently working on?  Would you care to share a snippet? 
I have a few things in the works.  One is a story about a switch and her experiences in the BDSM scene.  And of course Rayne Bexley and I are working on the continuation of our story that started with The Reluctant Submissive.

Do you include some of your own personal experiences in your books or do you prefer to use your imagination?
I do a mix in my books.  I do use a bit of personal history, but most of this is just plain fantasy.

Why Contemporary Erotica?  What made you choose this genre over others?
I actually write other works too, this is not my only genre.  Those I write under a different name, though.  Contemporary Erotica just really calls to me, lets the deep dark secrets and desires pour through a person when they read it.  I wanted to be a part of that.

Do you have a specific process or a ritual you go through when sitting down to write?
I tend to turn on the music, and it all flows out.  I do have to have the right musical genre on; if not, the mood in the story will change to match it.

Where do you find your inspiration for your plots?  Do you have any tricks of the trade you would care to share? 
Inspiration, well that is hard to say.  Mine comes when I least expect it, and that I think is the part to remember.  You never know where you will find inspiration. 

What is the oddest place/situation where an idea for a book/plot has come to you?
The oddest place?  Well, let me see, the oddest one was in church during a sermon, and an erotica idea came to me.  I was writing it down on my leaflet from the service and thought to myself, “Oh great, the lightning bolt is going to come now…”

What makes a book stand out and perk your interest?
To me it has to have a rich description of the characters.  I have to be able to feel them when I read.  To get me to buy, well that is easy, the cover first and then the blurb; if they are good, I have to read it.

We all have our favorite authors.  Can you share some of yours and tell us why you like them?
Ann Rice, Sylvia Day, Maya Banks, Shayla Black, Isabella LaPearl, Annabel Joseph, and Lorelei James are my current era favorites.  Each in their own way truly paint that picture in your mind of the story they write and lead you down a path that lets you feel like part of the story.  Each person who reads it gets to choose the character they feel, but you feel it none the less.  I do not miss a single book they put out and don’t recommend anyone else either.

We all have a pet peeve, care to share yours?
You probably don’t have the time to go through my list; I am a bit of quirky girl.  Cleanliness.  I can’t stand a dirty keyboard.  I replace mine regularly.  *Laughs*

When you’re not writing, what are the things you enjoy doing to relax?
I am, unfortunately, very sad.  I read. 

Thank you so much for joining me here today, Zoey.  I know my followers will enjoy this spotlight as much as I have conducting it.  Good luck on all your future endeavors.  


Where to Find Zoey Online
Facebook Author Page
Facebook
Goodreads
Her Blog
Twitter @AuthorZoeyHill

Zoey's Latest Release


Purchase Links for The Reluctant Submissive
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo
All Romance eBooks 
   
  





































































No comments:

Post a Comment