Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sunday Brunch 6/16/2013


 Joining me for today's Sunday Brunch is author Rayne Bexley!

First and foremost, it is a pleasure to have you here.  Welcome to Harper’s Sunday Brunch Interview! 


So, can you tell us what makes Rayne Bexley tick?  What got you started on the path to becoming an author? 
I’ve only started to seriously write in the last year and a half.  I love to read, and stumbled upon some role playing sites online of book series that I love, and that’s when I got hooked.  First as a reader, and then one day there was an advertisement for open roles.  After taking a leap of faith I contacted the admin team and I was hooked and never looked back.

What are you currently working on?  Would you care to share a snippet?
Right now, I’m working on something titled The Art of Social Etiquette and Submission.  (This snippet is still a WIP and unedited)

Heading down the darkened hall that led to Remo’s domain, Kaden pulled his cell phone out of his pocket and shut it off.  Remo was old school.  You didn’t dare answer your phone when you were in his presence, you didn’t even take it out to look at it.  He commanded your attention, and demanded no less than one hundred percent of it. 

Kaden knocked on the heavy wood door that was open just a crack.  Tilting his head, he pushed the door open a bit more.  “Remo, it’s me Kaden.”

Looking up from his paper work, Remo sighed.  ”Kaden.”  He signaled with his chin to the chair in front of his desk.  “Come in and have seat.”

Strutting over to the leather chair, Kaden sat back.  “What’s going on Remo?”

Sitting back in his chair and tossing his pen on the desk, Remo scrubbed his chin with his hand and sighed as he looked at Kaden through squinted eyes.  “I’ve got a special assignment for you.”

“Oh, come on Remo, the last time you did this to me, I had to take a restraining order out on my special assignment.  He raised his arms making air quotes with his fingers as he said the words.  “That fucking chick was no sub, and she was bat shit crazy.”

Do you include some of your own personal experiences in your books or do you prefer to use your imagination?
Most of it is from my imagination.  LOL, I have a healthy fantasy life. 

Why Contemporary Erotic Romance?  What made you choose this genre over others?
Well, I actually have a few other works that are not only Contemporary Erotic Romances.  I have a ménage in contract, and a few in the BDSM Genre, and I’m actually undertaking my first paranormal. 

Do you have a specific process or a ritual you go through when sitting down to write? 
I seem to be a rarity that I need complete silence when I write, but other than that…there is really no ritual for me.

Where do you find your inspiration for your plots?  Do you have any tricks of the trade you would care to share? 
I look around at every place I go and think what is the story?  I’ve been in the most ordinary places and have to stop to jot a note down in my IPhone so I remember it.  I’m also one of those people who can talk to anyone, and tend to ask questions, not really for book ideas, but I like to find out about people, and then my imagination takes over. 

What is the oddest place/situation where an idea for a book/plot has come to you? 
A funeral.  I know!  That sounds terrible, but that is where my idea for The Art of Social Etiquette and Submission came from.

What makes a book stand out and perk your interest?
I’m definitely a visual person, so for me, the cover usually catches my eye, but if the blurb is not good, then I pass over it!

We all have our favorite authors.  Can you share some of yours and tell us why you like them?
I have so many that I really love.  Marie Force is one.  She really knows how to sweep me into her novels and makes me feel like I know the characters and surroundings.  I am always sad when I’m coming to the end of one of her books.

We all have a pet peeve, care to share yours? 
I am anal when it comes to being on time.  Time is a big stress thing for me.  If I’m not fifteen minutes early to something, I am late. 

When you’re not writing, what are the things you enjoy doing to relax? 
I love to spend time with my kids just doing ordinary things like shopping, having lunch, or relaxing by the pool.  Also reading, reading, and reading!  lol

Thank you so much for joining me here today, Rayne.  I know my followers will enjoy this spotlight as much as I have conducting it.  Good luck on all your future endeavors. 

Where to Find Rayne Online
Twitter @Rayne Bexley

 Rayne's Latest Release
 
Purchase Links for The Reluctant Submissive

Kobo  

No comments:

Post a Comment